MES – Production operating system is used in factories with the purpose of digitizing all manual production implementation activities. Helps monitor, monitor, control the production system and store complex data. MES system in textile production ensures production activities are carried out effectively and improve labor productivity. In this article, we will learn more details about the MES system in textile production and how to apply effectively.
1. What is the MES system in production?
The MES (Manufacturing Execution System) system is a comprehensive software system to monitor, monitor and control the production process from planning to finished products. MES provides the data managers they need to make the factory more efficient and optimized for production.
Therefore, a MES system can provide those who make data decisions quickly, more detailed about the operation status of the entire factory. From there, make decisions quickly and optimize the production process.
>>> Read more: Should businesses choose MES or ERP?
2. The core function of the MES system
4 main functional groups of MES system: Management of production activities; Manage resources in production; Managing machinery and equipment; Manage product information.
Manage production activities
Management of production activities includes: Management of production enforcement plans and resource allocation to implement the plan. The goal is to ensure production data is always accurate, consistent and updated in real time. Thereby, increasing productivity and eliminating risks due to lack of information or non -continuing information in parts and production stages.
Manage production resources
The resources in the factory include: raw materials, semi -finished products, finished products and workers. MES helps determine and monitor the state of resources.
Product information management
Monitoring the deviations and exceptions of quality to improve the management and composition of quality control.
Managing machinery and equipment
The MES system helps the factory for maintenance and efficiency analysis of machinery and equipment. With the purpose of reducing the time of stopping operations and interrupting production, by collecting data from machines and production activities.
3. The benefits of the MES system in garment production
According to statistics on total investment in manufacturing enterprises around the world, the investment rate in MES accounts for 21% – 25%; ERP accounts for 17% – 19%. Because there is no MES, the ERP system is also ineffective because the data provides are not instant and not specific. Thereby it can be seen that MES is reliable and has many practical benefits.
Ensure optimal and continuous production
- Improve the efficiency and efficiency of planning through a consistent process
- Mobilize and monitor the production process continuously
- Reduce production time, reduce production time through optimal planning
Optimize machinery capacity and production resources
- Reduce working time, handling handmade papers and increasing the effectiveness of information interaction.
- Optimize the operating performance of the machine.
- Optimize resources through processing and analysis of data including: Labor management, energy, equipment operating & changing requirements.
- Increase the ability to meet time requirements for work priority
Increase the ability to coordinate and improve processes
- Improve internal coordination with the ability to display work status in real time.
- Reduce operational risks through timely communication of job requirements.
- Meet the criteria for compliance with regulations with production documents.
- Detect congestion points and have faster solutions through process performance analysis
Improve product quality and data source
- Detecting the root cause of quality issues with statistical process control.
- Early warning and reducing the quality risk of the product through collecting sensor data and warning & notifications.
- Storing and creating detailed data sources, consistent in production activities
4. Application of MES system in textile enterprises
In fact, there is no criteria to assess a business whether or not to apply MES in the production process. However, with the benefits and abilities that the MES system provides for businesses, any manufacturing business should apply MES.
Especially, textile enterprises need to apply MES, because of the complexity of the production process. Moreover, the textile industry is facing many strict requirements from brands on quality – cost – speed. In order to optimize production activities, shorten and optimize production time, while ensuring quality and increasing competitiveness with competitors.
So how to apply MES effectively?
- Select suppliers and reliable solutions: In order to successfully apply MES with the ability to expand and upgrade for a longer period, businesses need a reliable and experienced partner with experience. Garment industry, technology and vision, clear planning.
- Pay attention to the security factor: MES needs to be able to create a closed circle to avoid data leakage and traceability, storage to control data and limit system risks.
- Easy -to -use and flexible interface design: User interface is easy to understand and intuitive and flexible access (phones, laptops …) plays an important role in applying MES conquer users.
- Combined with data technologies: Deploying Mes can combine advanced technology such as AI, Machine Learning, IoT (Internet of Things) to improve data processing in production and thereby converting Data into useful information to continuously create new functions into the system.
Select Retex for MES solution
In today’s competitive global market, production is increasingly facing many challenges. If you are aiming for a more competitive and smarter production process. In which the processes must be accurate control, over time and visibility to manage production activities with accurate instructions, real -time data. The MES system is exactly what you need.
Retex is pleased and committed to accompanying textile enterprises on the journey to realize the goal of effectively applying the MES system in production. Retex software was born with a comprehensive production management solution. If the business is still wondering, do not hesitate to contact Retex – a comprehensive production management platform to receive free advice.